another red foot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
so do you guys think it would be a better idea to buy one from turtlesandtortoises.com? has anyone bought a tort from them? I'm thinking either a CB Western RF 5-7" 2007 or CB western 4-5" 2008.

Any suggestions? I don't want a hatchling/yearling because I know how fragile and delicate they are about care and shell growth and stuff. Would there be any real difference between those two, a year difference and a few inches? How do RFs do in pairs or groups in a table top enclosure for some of the year? Would it be better to have just one? Decisions decisions...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know the answer to your question, but I thing its a smart idea to get a bigger tortoise rather than a hatchling.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
pdrobber said:
so do you guys think it would be a better idea to buy one from turtlesandtortoises.com? has anyone bought a tort from them? I'm thinking either a CB Western RF 5-7" 2007 or CB western 4-5" 2008.

Any suggestions? I don't want a hatchling/yearling because I know how fragile and delicate they are about care and shell growth and stuff. Would there be any real difference between those two, a year difference and a few inches? How do RFs do in pairs or groups in a table top enclosure for some of the year? Would it be better to have just one? Decisions decisions...

Turtlesandtortoises.com- never used them and don't know much about them, sorry.

Western? Not a commonly used phrase. They are typical Northerns, from the western part of the range- where most Red-foots come from.

Size? I think a 4" is a good starting point- well-started, some health history, not as delicate, etc.

Numbers? Red-foots do better in small groups than by themselves or in pairs, but this assumes that there is plenty of room and resources for all. This does NOT mean they do poorly by themselves or in pairs however. and a lone Red-foot will be fine.

Table? An open topped table is tough to heat and humidify well unless the room it is in is warm and humid.

I have some info you may appreciate at my site- http://www.tortoiselibrary.com

Status
Not open for further replies.