Another new Southern California member!

JimH

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I just signed up here, but I can't say I'm new to tortoises.

My wife Marilin and I have been keeping tortoises since 1989 or so. You know how it goes, you start with a couple California Desert Tortoises, then a couple more. Then Marilin discovered Sulcatas. Then Leopards. And currently we even have a Redfoot (Mika - named after the formula 1 driver), and an Indian Star named Silas (after the character in the Showtime series Weeds.)

Is there a local chapter of "Tortoises Anonymous"??? :tort:

- Jim and Marilin

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Welcome to the forum. We love pictures of tortoises and enclosures here. And we love to hear about your experiences with your tortoises. I'm not sure there is a tortoise anonymous chapter but you can consider this forum that I guess.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Tortoises Anonynous? Oh no. You've got the wrong idea already. We don't want to help people curb their addictions here. We are total enablers and actually feed and encourage the "sickness".

Expect your collection to grow with more time spent here. :)

Alaskamike

South Florida
Torts are like potato chips... well you know how that goes. I was fully committed to just being satisfied with my two....had everythig just right for them, . and then a Leopard became available last week..and.. well... you know the rest of the story LOL
welcome :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Jim, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you Marilin and all your tortoises.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Definitely sounds like MTS "Multiple Tortoise Syndrome" ! :D
m1277.gif

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hello and welcome from across the pond in Scotland. keep on tortin' :)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Welcome from central California. We've gone several times to the California desert tortoise nature preserve but have never seen a tortoise there.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Jim & Marilin, we very occasional have meet and greets, where we hand out chips for years (tortoise desire suppression is best measured in years, not days) gone without acquiring new animals. So far no one has needed any chips, so I don't know if they actually exist. I guess that joke is run to it's end.

TFO is such a great resource. With all those years of experience you probably will have some great POV to share, I hope to learn from your time with tortoises.