Another day, another egg.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Went to turn on the light over the erosa to check on them and spotted a nice large oblong egg beside one. :) Best part is there may be more under the behind of that erosa. Looks like she has a shallow nest right behind her. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, all kinds of eggs showing up today. Congrats. Don't forget to post pics when they hatch. We don't see many of them. Let us know how many you find too:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whoopee!! I hope they hatch.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Long ago, I incubated bell clutches using an incubator. Since those three clutches, I have not had luck with incubators. My homes were incubated in with the patents. The erosa do a bit more digging, so I do not think I can safely leave them in with the parents. These eggs will be placed in an empty enclosure.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I hope this one and the others I got a couple of weeks ago (plus the rest in this nest) all hatch. Need to break this streak I am on.
It's not only you. Erosa have something missing in captivity that hasn't been figured out yet to hatching them. I know most the ones hatched were fertile perfect eggs from fresh imports. Other than that I know of very very few indictable that have hatched them from LTC specimens. Just keep trying and it will happen. Maybe different methods kinda like how I figured emys out and worked great for me and a variety of other species too.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just for the record, once I finally moved the female, there were four eggs in the covered nest.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
And you sure they aren't mushrooms?