Angry Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
My Sulcata is growing fast, but now his forehead bones are protuding - coming out, makes my Sulcata looked very angry and evil. :(

Is this normal for Sulcatas?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Can you post a picture so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing and talking about please?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have noticed that sulcatas do tend to have different facial features. Some of them have noses that almost look like cauliflower and others seem to have enlarged facial scales. It just adds character. But if you'll post pictures, we can tell you if he's growing abnormal dragon attachments or if its totally normal!

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I have noticed that sulcatas do tend to have different facial features. Some of them have noses that almost look like cauliflower and others seem to have enlarged facial scales. It just adds character. But if you'll post pictures, we can tell you if he's growing abnormal dragon attachments or if its totally normal!

OK, I'll try take a picture tomorrow, cause it's sleeping. ;)

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Mine started having a bit of a lumpy face but when I scratched his little head, he really likes that, about two layers of unshed skin came off those two larger scales above his nostrils. Maybe that's what's going on too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey where's the pics of the Dragon Sulcata? I wanna see...

Status
Not open for further replies.