An UN ROACHLIKE feeder roach!

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Damn.. do i smell that bad?? Ive never noticed any smell from them lol i just kept them in plastic totes with egg crates standing straight up and would dump out once a week . But id only order a thousand at a time

lol *something about my dog having no nose...*

Sensitivity to ammonia varies...if being kept a long time in the same paper hides, they will get Quite stinky as urine collects in the paper pulp. Even if I were not keeping active colonies, I'd probably change out a feeder box's egg flats every month or so.

Have an Intrepid Woman Friend come over and sniff the tote for you!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

Sensitivity to ammonia varies...if being kept a long time in the same paper hides, they will get Quite stinky as urine collects in the paper pulp. Even if I were not keeping active colonies, I'd probably change out a feeder box's egg flats every month or so.

Yeah the monitor cages prob got me immune to the smell

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

That'd be quite the line

"I need you to smell some things"

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My dubias never escape and they don't have a smell either unless they get really over crowded between thinnings. My hissers get out once in a while, and the B. lateralis get out too. I don't worry about the B. lats because my colony was started with "wild caught" ones from around the ranch. If some go back where they came from, I don't mind. And neither do all the insectivores outside.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My dubias never escape and they don't have a smell either unless they get really over crowded between thinnings. My hissers get out once in a while, and the B. lateralis get out too. I don't worry about the B. lats because my colony was started with "wild caught" ones from around the ranch. If some go back where they came from, I don't mind. And neither do all the insectivores outside.
That'd be grounds for divorce here.