Am I crazy! Did He Get Bigger Overnight?

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Just yesterday, I though he was a lot smaller. He was no longer flat, but he wasn’t a full dome shape either. I wish I had better pics from yesterday gor a reality check!

pics! Dec 4th.

1B4C5894-C868-42C6-B338-AA3F53059954.jpeg

pics! Today. Fresh out the bath. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Please point out in that article where it says tortoises shed their skin to grow like snakes. I'll wait.......
" Just like humans and many other animals, tortoises do shed their skin. Tortoises shed skin from their head, limbs, and tails in the form of patches and flakes on quite a regular basis. " Also don't forget that thread I linked you :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
@Quixx66 Apologies for your thread getting hijacked somewhat. I don't know why it would appear your tortoise grew overnight. Maybe the carapace was more moist the next day and it appeared different to you. If you don't already have one you can get a small digital scale and weigh your tortoise. You can do it every few days and track the growth. That way you'll know for sure how fast your tort is growing.

Quixx66

Louisiana
@Quixx66 Apologies for your thread getting hijacked somewhat. I don't know why it would appear your tortoise grew overnight. Maybe the carapace was more moist the next day and it appeared different to you. If you don't already have one you can get a small digital scale and weigh your tortoise. You can do it every few days and track the growth. That way you'll know for sure how fast your tort is growing.
No problem! I have a food scale. I guess I can dedicate it to Matteo. Thanks!

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
" Just like humans and many other animals, tortoises do shed their skin. Tortoises shed skin from their head, limbs, and tails in the form of patches and flakes on quite a regular basis. " Also don't forget that thread I linked you :)

Attachments

• 2063fd6e52587a6d0402c629004379e7.gif
    2063fd6e52587a6d0402c629004379e7.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 57

Quixx66

Louisiana
I'm pretty sure that "joke" was intended to make fun of me.
I asked the question about Matteo getting bigger overnight so I assumed it was intended to rib me! I set myself up for it, I thought. So I laughed.

But if you’re sure (s)he was making fun of you unkindly...??‍♀️

Last edited:

Quixx66

Louisiana
[Removed]
FTT, with all due respect, the Judge Judy meme was posted after you posted that the joke was directed at you, and in response to that. The meme clearly indicates to me that it was not in fact directed at you.

I’m sorry this has become an issue for you, but I honestly don’t believe the tortoise cartoon was ever directed toward you. Please at least re-read and reconsider this to see the order of things. I hope you feel better.

Last edited:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I'm pretty sure that "joke" was intended to make fun of me.

The turtle gif is in line with the OP, and even if it's 5% making fun of what you said, its nothing to get worked up about.

Judge Judy was 100% about your behavior, because you need to calm down.

I'm tired of deleting posts so lets maybe move on.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Since I posted the offending joke, I should be the one who clears it up. It was meant for this entire post. It was meant to get a laugh. Not meant to offend anyone, but to provide a topical comedic take on the original posters observation. If I was going to attack anyone I would do it more direct than that. Something alongs the lines of " what you posted was complete nonsense and you need to do more research because shedding skin doesn't mean their shells expand overnight" but I didn't say any of that, so lighten up