All about your tortoise... (no photos allowed)

• Thread starter Trudy_the_tortoise
  • Start date
T

Trudy_the_tortoise

I have a tortoise named Tolis. Sorry that I named my tortoise after you @Tolis but Tolis sounds like a great name for a tortoise! Tolis loves to nap, but he is active most of the time during the day. My tort's favorite food is lettuce, but I feed him a variety of vegetables put in a salad. (lettuce is only used as a treat). I built a small 'playground' for Tolis. It has some places to hide in, and it has a lot of things for Tolis to climb.

What are some things about your tortoise? Please post below. (No photos allowed because no photos are needed. Please write about your tortoise. Do not post pictures. Also don't write something that is too long. Thank you.)

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
My 2.5 year old Burmese Star is named Sulafat. 'Sulafat' is the name of a star in the sky, and it means 'tortoise'.
His enclosure is designed so he gets lots of exercise when he walks. He has a steep hill to climb, and a hill to come down, along with a tunnel to go through, and plants to nap under and nibble.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
My Russian is grumpy (attitude not the name) and my Leopard is stompy (pre-food ritual not the name). Russian is a 5th level black belt in Stink Eye at just over 2 years old-genetics! The leopard loves the butt scratch and is an expert pouter. Guess what new thread same flaw cue @Maro2Bear

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Sheldon, loves to soak, has lots of personality. Saved his life twice, has bad tendency of trying to eat mulch. The last time i gently pulled out a piece from his mouth that was twice as long as his neck was wide. Not cool. That's his bad habit.
Feed him lots of variety foods. Favorite foods shrimp & strawberries.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
I have a tortoise named Tolis. Sorry that I named my tortoise after you @Tolis but Tolis sounds like a great name for a tortoise! Tolis loves to nap, but he is active most of the time during the day. My tort's favorite food is lettuce, but I feed him a variety of vegetables put in a salad. (lettuce is only used as a treat). I built a small 'playground' for Tolis. It has some places to hide in, and it has a lot of things for Tolis to climb.

What are some things about your tortoise? Please post below. (No photos allowed because no photos are needed. Please write about your tortoise. Do not post pictures. Also don't write something that is too long. Thank you.)
Lovely name selection I feel like the godfather of your tort ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My Russian is grumpy (attitude not the name) and my Leopard is stompy (pre-food ritual not the name). Russian is a 5th level black belt in Stink Eye at just over 2 years old-genetics! The leopard loves the butt scratch and is an expert pouter. Guess what new thread same flaw cue @Maro2Bear

Another loop hole ! @Blackdog1714 , are emojis photos? ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Ghido (leopard) is the gumpiest piglet you will ever see. He stomps all day then turns into a huge chicken when you go to peek at him. He loves dandelion flowers and sitting on top of his hill. I also swear he's part meteor since he has his own little crevasse trail he's made to his half buried sleepy spot.

Chi Chi (redfoot) is an outgoing attention hog. When I open the enclosure she comes right out to say hi and get a head scratch. She's also the most lazy creature you will ever meet and not ashamed of it.

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Ghido (leopard) is the gumpiest piglet you will ever see. He stomps all day then turns into a huge chicken when you go to peek at him. He loves dandelion flowers and sitting on top of his hill. I also swear he's part meteor since he has his own little crevasse trail he's made to his half buried sleepy spot.

Chi Chi (redfoot) is an outgoing attention hog. When I open the enclosure she comes right out to say hi and get a head scratch. She's also the most lazy creature you will ever meet and not ashamed of it.

My red foot Leonardo might be more lazy than Chi Chi. ?
He’s about 8 months old. Will come out for food and only eat it if it’s conveniently chopped into small pieces. Even if sliced fruit he won’t eat it if to difficult to bite. 2 bites and he’s discouraged. But he goes crazy for earth worms if I happen to find one in the garden to give him. The rest of the day he hides under his bamboo plant until evening soak. But good to know he’s not he only lazy red foot out there. ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
My red foot Leonardo might be more lazy than Chi Chi. ?
He’s about 8 months old. Will come out for food and only eat it if it’s conveniently chopped into small pieces. Even if sliced fruit he won’t eat it if to difficult to bite. 2 bites and he’s discouraged. But he goes crazy for earth worms if I happen to find one in the garden to give him. The rest of the day he hides under his bamboo plant until evening soak. But good to know he’s not he only lazy red foot out there. ?
Oh no! Definitely not the only one! Chi Chi I think forgets there's food there. If I pick her up to love on her, then put her in front of the food she'll eat, but she won't come out on her own for it lol ?

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Oh no! Definitely not the only one! Chi Chi I think forgets there's food there. If I pick her up to love on her, then put her in front of the food she'll eat, but she won't come out on her own for it lol ?

How old is or how much does chi chi weigh?