Aldabras near Asheville NC?

ben awes

5 Year Member
Hi All, I am traveling to Asheville NC in mid-Sept and am interested to know of any places to see Aldabra tortoises in or nearby that area? I live in MN and there are no Aldabras at the local zoos. When I travel I like to find out if there are any in the cities/areas nearby. Am willing to drive a bit to see them! I was in LA a couple weeks ago and the LA Zoo has several. Any ideas would be appreciated. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1472326424.216544.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1472326440.022077.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You were in LA and didn't hook up with Tom or any of the other CA members that are near LA? Not sure how many there are. I don't think Tom is too far from there.
Anyway, good luck finding aldabras have a good time

ben awes

5 Year Member
I was in LA for less than 24 hours! So not much time to make plans ;)

Tom lives where, LA or NC?

Valerie0426

Hi All, I am traveling to Asheville NC in mid-Sept and am interested to know of any places to see Aldabra tortoises in or nearby that area? I live in MN and there are no Aldabras at the local zoos. When I travel I like to find out if there are any in the cities/areas nearby. Am willing to drive a bit to see them! I was in LA a couple weeks ago and the LA Zoo has several. Any ideas would be appreciated. View attachment 184921View attachment 184922
I am originally from NC. There is a huge zoo in Ashboro which is near Sandford. Animals from all 7 continents. It is Ashboro not Ashville.