Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The tortoises now weigh around 125lbs. They're getting a little bit tamer and now look at me as the Food Goddess, so I get a little more reaction out of them than before.

As to the old mare, sorry to say that we had to have her euthanized last Autumn. Wish I had known about the Calf Manna trick. I'll keep it in mind for the mare I have left. She's 25, but looks and acts 10.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I hope you get a lot of satisfaction from creating and maintaining such hospitable micro-climates for your brood of animals. I am sure that in their hearts they are happy and grateful for the comfort and security they feel.

I hope Mimi the pig is adjusting well to her place on Yvonne's Reptile & Rejects Retirement Ranch? ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stephanie Logan said:
I hope Mimi the pig is adjusting well to her place on Yvonne's Reptile & Rejects Retirement Ranch? ;)

Mimi is getting along just great. He still doesn't allow human touching, however he eats out of my hand and follows the sound of my voice and comes to me for treats. I'm feeding him a very small amount twice a day in order for him to lose some weight so that he can see again (He has fat folds over his eyes, and he's blind). When I go out to pick up poop this a.m. I'll bring my camera with me so you all can see what he looks like without his "fangs."

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Your torts are gorgeous!! I would love to visit your rescue some day :)
Can't wait to see new pics of Mimi!

Status
Not open for further replies.