Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When I "named" my two Aldabran tortoises it didn't occur to me that their size difference would change. It now seems like "The Bigger One" is smaller than "The Smaller One." Here is the one with the respiratory infection, The Bigger One:

TheBiggerOne-respiratoryinf.jpg

And here is The Smaller One:

TheSmallerOne-2.jpg

I wish I could weigh them. However, size-wise, they pretty much look the same size as 100lb Dudley the Sulcata.

Yvonne

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Those two are amazing! I can't even imagine how much work it is to take care of them. Do they have good personalities and are they friendly and curious with people?

M

Maggie Cummings

Greg T said:
Those two are amazing! I can't even imagine how much work it is to take care of them. Do they have good personalities and are they friendly and curious with people?

I have been around those torts off and on since my sister got them. To me they are prehistoric big rocks without any visible personalities.
But that's just me...I have Sulcata with pushy out going personalities.
The Aldabs are beautiful, but shy...IMHO...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Bo and So, look much bigger then they did back in Jan when I saw them! They were sleeping and not out,, love these pics!
I got 'chased' by my 50 lb sulcata today.. he wanted goodies!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Greg T said:

They are only 8 years old, and I don't "baby" any of my tortoises, that is to say, I treat them all as wild animals and don't interact with them. Consequently, they don't have personalities. If I try to touch one of them they lunge at me or "scurry" away from me. I've probably made a huge mistake in this, but its too late now.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

Laura said:
Bo and So, look much bigger then they did back in Jan when I saw them! They were sleeping and not out,, love these pics!
I got 'chased' by my 50 lb sulcata today.. he wanted goodies!

Bo and So...that's too funny!!! Laura, I had the same experience today...Bob is 65 pounds now and Tony is 13, they saw me go into their shed to scoop poop...(they spend all darned day outside and have to get up from laying in the sun to go into the shed to poop)...anyway, I went in and both of them hiked themselves up and charged into the shed to see what the food goddess brought them. I laughed out loud at the sight of the 2 of them running.
Sulcata just have the best personalities, don't they!!!
I recently spent some time at my sister's and when I (the Sulcata person) went into the Aldab shed to see them as I was reaching out to touch So he lunged at me trying to ram me...when a small tort does that it's cute...but when one of those bruiser's does it you better jump!

Status
Not open for further replies.