Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
(SHAKES FIST)!!!

ALDABRAMAN said:
It does, i am not sure what to think about it sometimes. I spoke to a federal law enforcement friend of mine and it is very challenging, if not impossible to make any sort of case on this of type of conduct. I really respect many that ask for permission or just acknowledge the origination of the picture, for example The Reptile Report, they always acknowledge origination.

ALDABRAMAN - I know what you mean brother. Have you ever considered putting a watermark on your images? That way at least if they are taken, the watermark would be VERY (nearly impossible unless someone is very talented with Adobe CS5) difficult to remove. NOT just a logo on the pics, full blown translucent watermark (You can use your own logo as a repeated pattern across the image... You can do anything basically. LOL)

Just an example, the watermark doesn't have to be so prominent.

watermark_10.jpg

Unfortunately its pretty hard to seek legal action because of something low-level like this. It's totally messed up, although the only real laws being broken is false "online"-advertising (big shocker on craigslist), and as for pictures posted online if someone wants to steal it... There's not much you can do to stop them, hence companies doing watermarks etc...

Their posting should definitely be flagged for removal though.

The positive part is that there is a community watching to flag and remove this false advertisement though. That rocks!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sounds like the cameroon scammer is at it again,

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
dmmj said:
Sounds like the cameroon scammer is at it again,

Are you referring to the Camroon scammer that tried to scam me? If so, I hate them!!!!! If not, Someone from "Cameroon" Offer'd me 2 Russian's, a male and a female, and I googled mapped Cameroon and I was like: "AFRICA?!?!?!" Boy if I said yes I'd be stupid.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
cameroom refers to the region, they often pop up on sites selling tortoises, puppies, birds and the like. Much like the nigerian scammers from years ago.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I was also going to recommend using watermarks on future pictures. My husband is a photographer and when he posts something on the internet he either uses a watermark or uses such a low quality photo that it couldn't be copied and sold. Of course that doesn't help all the photos that are already out there. Some people!!!!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
This person is now posting in my area! Any ideas what to do??

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
drpeczelygyorgy said:
Hi! Could you suggest me some sources for buying aldabra?

PM AldabraMan, if he doesn't have something for you he'll know others who do. :)

mayday29150

5 Year Member
Also posted in charlotte nc, Raleigh nc and atlanta ga. The guy call me my google number trying to sell them to me from a blocked number. What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.