10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
This is a good one!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
OMG! That's terrible. Someone submitted a picture of my turtle garden to a rescue, saying it was their's, trying to adopt a few Eastern Box Turtles. Lucky the head of the rescue knew me. I hate when people do this.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TheTortoiseWhisperer said:
OMG….They really are using pictures of his babies…..GGGEEEEEZZZZZZZZ has anyone written to see what the scam is???

I was going to email them and give them, well you know what, but I thought I would wait until Greg seen this thread and let him handle it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would urge everyone if this is a scam being played somehow on aldabraman let him handle it himself.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Someone said I could have their male Russian on CL they sent me pics and they were the same pics of the male Russian's on Tortoisesupply.com! Oh geez this makes me mad!

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Has Greg seen this thread anyway? This is so mean and a lot of people use tortoisesupplies photos.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
mattgrizzlybear said:
Has Greg seen this thread anyway? This is so mean and a lot of people use tortoisesupplies photos.

I was wondering the same thing. I sent him an email with the link to this thread.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
mctlong said:
mattgrizzlybear said:

I was wondering the same thing. I sent him an email with the link to this thread.

Yes, thank you all for the e-mails. This is very common for our pictures, i think they took those pictures from Torotiseinfo.org or google. The one picture is many years old and was my avatar at TIO for some time. It would be a shame if someone actually gets scammed and has financial loss from these types of bad people! What is great is several of you recognized our tortoises and/or pictures, thank you. This same add is posted on and off for some time now. I did sent a response e-mail of concern!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
mctlong said:
mattgrizzlybear said:

Yes, thank you all for the e-mails. This is very common for our pictures, i think they took those pictures from Torotiseinfo.org or google. The one picture is many years old and was my avatar at TIO for some time. It would be a shame if someone actually gets scammed and has financial loss from these types of bad people! What is great is several of you recognized our pictures, thank you. This same add is posted on and off for some time now. I did sent a response e-mail of concern!

yup Greg .... happens all the time....One of the Biggest Mazuri dealers a few years back .. was using ALL his company logo's , ads and even packing slips ..using my PICTURES I POSTED IN THIS FORUM .....:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's a shame that people can get away with things like that. If I ever had my pics stolen like that, I would have to ruff them up:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
It's a shame that people can get away with things like that. If I ever had my pics stolen like that, I would have to ruff them up

It is a shame!

N2TORTS said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
mctlong said:
mattgrizzlybear said:

Yes, thank you all for the e-mails. This is very common for our pictures, i think they took those pictures from Torotiseinfo.org or google. The one picture is many years old and was my avatar at TIO for some time. It would be a shame if someone actually gets scammed and has financial loss from these types of bad people! What is great is several of you recognized our pictures, thank you. This same add is posted on and off for some time now. I did sent a response e-mail of concern!

yup Greg .... happens all the time....One of the Biggest Mazuri dealers a few years back .. was using ALL his company logo's , ads and even packing slips ..using my PICTURES I POSTED IN THIS FORUM ...:(

It does, i am not sure what to think about it sometimes. I spoke to a federal law enforcement friend of mine and it is very challenging, if not impossible to make any sort of case on this of type of conduct. I really respect many that ask for permission or just acknowledge the origination of the picture, for example The Reptile Report, they always acknowledge origination.

N2TORTS said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
mctlong said:
mattgrizzlybear said:

yup Greg .... happens all the time....One of the Biggest Mazuri dealers a few years back .. was using ALL his company logo's , ads and even packing slips ..using my PICTURES I POSTED IN THIS FORUM .....:(

:D You are now famous......Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.