ALDABRAMAN PLZ HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
I have seen similar, usually on older adult tortoises. It does look like shell damage. Best to get a culture and determine if it has any secondary issues like fungal or bacterial infections and treat them inorder to allow the shell damage to heal the best it can. Your aldabra looks like it has very nice growth.

Question, is your tort kept close to its heating/light sources inside or allowed to roam a large outside setup with natural sun? I have seen similar shell damage before on young aldabras that are kept inside and think that being too close to heat bulbs might have caused similar issues in other cases.

eric15912

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
I have seen similar, usually on older adult tortoises. It does look like shell damage. Best to get a culture and determine if it has any secondary issues like fungal or bacterial infections and treat them inorder to allow the shell damage to heal the best it can. Your aldabra looks like it has very nice growth.

Question, is your tort kept close to its heating/light sources inside or allowed to roam a large outside setup with natural sun? I have seen similar shell damage before on young aldabras that are kept inside and think that being too close to heat bulbs might have caused similar issues in other cases.
Thank u for helping me. I did keep my aldabra close to its heating source inside its enclosure on 2011. So his new growth had injured by the lamp. His new growth had become brown.
ALDABRAMAN u are so professional.
Thanks for your help. :D

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
My aldabra has exactly the same brown spots, because during the winter times, it always hid under the ceramic lamp all winter! I thought it was fungal infections, I tried tri-antibiotics and all kinds of treatments, no use. now summer time, I turned off ceramic lamp, it's better now. ;)

I also noticed that when aldabra's shell is wet, it has dark color; when it is dry, it has blue color; when it is too dry, it turns brown.

BTW, your aldabra has beautiful shells, so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.