ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
vanillapooh1979 said:
OH MY GAWD! I wish you were my neighbor! They are beautiful!!! I hope in a few years I will be able to realize my dream if having a few of these guys around. Truely magnificent!

I could use some good neighbors! :)

Radiated

5 Year Member
Do you have space for three adult ploughshares? Two female and one male, the male is 40cm female is around 50 and 38...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Radiated said:
Do you have space for three adult ploughshares? Two female and one male, the male is 40cm female is around 50 and 38...

oh dang:D:tort:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Radiated said:

Sure do, illegal here!

Jacob said:
Radiated said:

:)

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
ALDABRAMAN said:
Radiated said:

Sure do, illegal here!

Jacob said:
Radiated said:

i would love to see greg get the pair and breed some, get the numbers up :)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jacob said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Radiated said:

Sure do, illegal here!

Jacob said:
Radiated said:

i would love to see greg get the pair and breed some, get the numbers up :)

:tort:That would be a miracle!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
2zyxv2r.jpg

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
So pretty! Hehe maybe we will be neighbors someday. Trying to convince hubby to move further south. ;)

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia!!!
ALDABRAMAN said:
JourneyTort said:
Those pics are amazing. Don't they try to make their way through the chain link fence?
No, they never have, we keep them very happy. That is a very strong fence w/9ot wire strains and solide concrete bottom, you just can't see the concrete.

kbtwrp.jpg

2ut2k3q.jpg

zt87qw.jpg

ippqqh.jpg

what vegetables do you give for the baby???

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
berrilturtle said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
JourneyTort said:
Those pics are amazing. Don't they try to make their way through the chain link fence?
No, they never have, we keep them very happy. That is a very strong fence w/9ot wire strains and solide concrete bottom, you just can't see the concrete.

kbtwrp.jpg

2ut2k3q.jpg

zt87qw.jpg

ippqqh.jpg

what vegetables do you give for the baby???

:tort: We do not provide any vegetables to our hatchlings other than a good variety of greens, grass, weeds, and cactus.

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia!!!
Radiated said:
that looks like lettuce to me...
lettuce??
like this??
10_Selada_Air_210910150932_ll.jpg.JPG

in indonesia we call this "selada air"

sawi1.jpg

or this? I do not really know the English language, but in Indonesia we call "sawi putih"

Radiated

5 Year Member
Its definitely not the "sawi putih"that looks like chinese cabbage to me :p
It looks like the first one, but that not too good for feeding i guess. As greg mentioned : "We do not provide any vegetables to our hatchlings other than a good variety of greens, grass, weeds, and cactus." so just follow that.

berrilturtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia!!!
hahaha ... I do not know what language inggrisnya.kami call it "sawi putih"
yes ... my knowledge is not good
greg let's wait to find out what kind of plant is it?

Hasselhound

10 Year Member!
I have thoroughly enjoyed going through this entire thread. It has really helped me formulate a plan for "renovating" one of our smaller horse paddocks for a permanent outdoor enclosure! Now I just need one lucky tortoise! LOL

Curious, do you notice any kind of social heirarchy in your herd? And do any of your adults seem to have buddies? Couldn't help but wonder.

Kathryn

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hasselhound said:
I have thoroughly enjoyed going through this entire thread. It has really helped me formulate a plan for "renovating" one of our smaller horse paddocks for a permanent outdoor enclosure! Now I just need one lucky tortoise! LOL

Curious, do you notice any kind of social heirarchy in your herd? And do any of your adults seem to have buddies? Couldn't help but wonder.

Kathryn

:tort: We do not see any type of heirarchy within our breeding group. The buddy part, we notice that the majority of our aldabras just do the same things, not really a buddy thing.