ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
2yki8g1.jpg

wildponey21

5 Year Member
i love them so much. I was just wondering how much outdoor space does one full grown adult need

jkingler

5 Year Member
For smaller torts I know you want approximately 1 square foot for every inch in length (SCL), and the ideal answer is "as much space as you can give" for most tortoises, but ALDABRAMAN will give you a better answer, I am sure. :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wildponey21 said:
i love them so much. I was just wondering how much outdoor space does one full grown adult need

:tort: Hard to answer, full grown adult female and male would be different in size. We have about one improved acre dedicated to ours, They seem to get good exercise and browse all the time. I know of many that keep adults, many variations in size of the pens. The more space the better, they need to exercise! These tortoises get big and they do need a lot of space when they get to adult sizes. Something many do not think about is how strong they are, they need super strong fencing!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Radiated said:
How many years does it take to reach adult size usually?

:tort: Hard to answer, I have heard of CB females at 20 years old laying eggs! I have seen a CB forty(?) year old male above the 500 pound mark, however he was big and was still immature!

wildponey21

5 Year Member
i know i can't have one were i live now but i hope to some day move from ny to lower alabama. then will get one when i have mybig house with land

jkingler

5 Year Member
Makes sense, I guess, since they live forever, that it takes a bit of forever for them to be breeding age. :)