ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

TheSimpsons

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Super cool pics, I really dig the aldabra's. I sent you an email yesterday with some questions:D

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I had my four years old nephew in my lap when I was looking at this picture. He saw this, yelled, "Ah, turtles." and ran away. lol. He isnt' sure if he likes "turtles" yet. My 2 year old niece loves thems.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
How many pumpkins did you give them? Do you give the pumkins whole? Can the bite straight into pumkins? That is too cool!!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
The first picture is of a 60 day old hatchling and the second is of a one year old aldabra. Both were captive bred and hatched at our program in Naples, Florida. (pic.'s 2010)

kexkk9.jpg

sqno9k.jpg

drgnfly2265 said:
How many pumpkins did you give them? Do you give the pumkins whole? Can the bite straight into pumkins? That is too cool!!!

We get whole pumkins every season, as many as I can load up. Yes they get them whole and bite them apart, some we cut in half with a large knife. They love them, little pumpkins grow all over the fields after they eat them. They do not last long, lol.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
ALDABRAMAN said:
The first picture is of a 60 day old hatchling and the second is of a one year old aldabra. Both were captive bred and hatched at our program in Naples, Florida. (pic.'s 2010)

kexkk9.jpg

sqno9k.jpg

drgnfly2265 said:

We get whole pumkins every season, as many as I can load up. Yes they get them whole and bite them apart, some we cut in half with a large knife. They love them, little pumpkins grow all over the fields after they eat them. They do not last long, lol.

Wow, doubled in size in just a year! Too cool. They look sooo cute!

So they are able to bite into a pumpkin, holy cow that is awsome. It looks like they enjoyed those pumkins a lot :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
drgnfly2265 said:
ALDABRAMAN said:

kexkk9.jpg

sqno9k.jpg

drgnfly2265 said:

Wow, doubled in size in just a year! Too cool. They look sooo cute!

So they are able to bite into a pumpkin, holy cow that is awsome. It looks like they enjoyed those pumkins a lot :D

They love pumpkins and watermelon, the adults manage to bust them open, however we do cut them sometimes, mostly for the females.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Amazing, amazing, amazing..... That's all I can say about all these pics. I'm so happy that I saw this thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Greg:

The little boy with the carrot is the best picture ever. Is he one of your children?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
emysemys said:
Greg:

The little boy with the carrot is the best picture ever. Is he one of your children?

My sisters children, future tortoise keepers, lol.

200u4g5.jpg

9t04g6.jpg

ddme74.jpg