ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus EU
Looking great as always. When it gets cold for some days in row do you keep them locked inside the heated shelters for days and if so at what temperature? Do you feed in the shelter if they need to stay in there for some days?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Looking great as always. When it gets cold for some days in row do you keep them locked inside the heated shelters for days and if so at what temperature? Do you feed in the shelter if they need to stay in there for some days?

~ It typically only drops below 60f at nights, we generally let hem out during the day and back inside at night to ensure proper warmth.

Zach B

5 Year Member
I love following your thread. I was wondering if you have any insight into Aldabras and cold night temps. I have two 6 years olds here in phoenix and they seem pretty healthy. They have a heated barn in the enclosure that they often use. This winter however, I have noticed they are coming out in the sun in the morning when temps are in the high 40’s. A few nights they have been found outside the barn as the temps are dropping and it is a challenge to convince them to go back in the warmth. Is this dangerous? Are they known to not go to warmth when it is available? I’m just wondering why suddenly this year they are using the heated barn less, and I worry all night!

thanks
Zach