ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
~ Many of you that follow with the development of our new location for our giant tortoise program are aware of the constant challenges and struggles we are going through. I am posting this for awareness and emphasizing the importance of being proactive during all construction phases of any habitats or structures used for tortoises. Last week due to an engineering mistake the carpenters had to raise the barn roof 4.5" to compensate for the doors. While doing so they dropped numerous nails, screws, cut metal truss straps and colored roof nail tabs on the ground. These are potentially dangerous and life threatening if consumed. I am continuously bringing awareness to my GC and sub-contractors, however there seems to constantly be non compliance with policing these materials. I literally spent hours trying to pick all this up hoping that it never becomes any issues. If tortoise digest these materials it could easily cause impaction or internal perforation.
IMG_5337.JPGIMG_5172.jpgDAVID PILZ.JPGIMG_5176.jpgDAVID PILZ - SHED.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
~ Many of you that follow with the development of our new location for our giant tortoise program are aware of the constant challenges and struggles we are going through. I am posting this for awareness and emphasizing the importance of being proactive during all construction phases of any habitats or structures used for tortoises. Yesterday the carpenters were putting up the soffit on my new barn, while doing so they dropped numerous nails and cut white aluminum pieces on the ground. These white nails and cut aluminum pieces are extremely sharp, jagged and are not responding to the magnet rollers i am using. I had to literally pick up every little piece by hand. These are potentially dangerous and life threatening if consumed. I am continuously bringing awareness to my GC and sub-contractors, however there seems to constantly be non compliance with policing these materials. I literally spent hours trying to pick all this up hoping that it never becomes any issues. If tortoise digest these materials it could easily cause impaction or internal perforation.IMG_5443.JPGIMG_5451.JPGIMG_5442.jpg