ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Helen Ruff

Location (City and/or State)
Alnwick
Hey all, I am an aldabra tortoise breeder in Florida. I have been working with this species for many of years. We have had great success with our breeding program resulting with many of hatchlings. This is an extreme hobby and passion for me and I will be happy to answer any questions or provide any direction regarding this species. Pictures available thru e-mail at [email protected].
Hi,..... I’ve followed your posts for quite a while. I have two Aldabras and live in the north of the uk. I’ve only had them for about 6 weeks and think they are approx 12 to 18 months old. They are outside whenever the temp is ok but otherwise stay in my office where I have a large tort table with humidifier etc. I’m a bit of a novice with this species but wondered at what size they can begin to move outdoors on a more regular basis ? Do I work on plastron length ? Or outdoor temperatures ?.... I’m currently faffing around taking them outside whenever it’s sunny. I really want to be a knowledgable keeper but it’s becoming a full time role..... any advice appreciated?