ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
~ I tried that card, will not work....on the hunt for a new property.
Well that's just a darned shame, especially after all the hard work you've put into this new property. Well, at least now that all that clean-up has been done, I'll bet you can sell it for more than you paid for it.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Well that's just a darned shame, especially after all the hard work you've put into this new property. Well, at least now that all that clean-up has been done, I'll bet you can sell it for more than you paid for it.

~ I agree, for sure....already on the market.....!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can see where with all the broken ones, it behooves you to actually know when they are laying so you can catch them as they fall and not run the risk of her breaking them when she covers the nest. I used to get a lot of broken eggs too with the Manouria, especially if there were a lot of twigs in the nest.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Well you knew the risks moving in with such loud and dangerous animals! My neighbor has a rescued 14” Beagle that is a true menace! His yard borders the sidewalk and the alley and the dog is very fence aggressive [emoji35]

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I can see where with all the broken ones, it behooves you to actually know when they are laying so you can catch them as they fall and not run the risk of her breaking them when she covers the nest. I used to get a lot of broken eggs too with the Manouria, especially if there were a lot of twigs in the nest.

~ Yes, it does happen. For some reason her nest was extremely shallow this time. Not exactly sure why, however just takes one little "oops" and that was it, two busted. IMG_2804.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Well you knew the risks moving in with such loud and dangerous animals! My neighbor has a rescued 14” Beagle that is a true menace! His yard borders the sidewalk and the alley and the dog is very fence aggressive [emoji35]

~ Had nothing do with animals, the property is appropriately zoned AG2. It had to do with city code for fence height and construction.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
~ Had nothing do with animals, the property is appropriately zoned AG2. It had to do with city code for fence height and construction.
This is just crushing news!

One would think the city would be happy to have a quiet, well-established enterprise such as yours.

But since that isn't so....I'm so sorry, Greg. You've put in so much work, and it's good you should make a profit. But that doesn't help with the time lost getting your herd into a new space.

Blessings on your search for another location.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Is the property you are talking about currently where your torts are now?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
This is just crushing news!

One would think the city would be happy to have a quiet, well-established enterprise such as yours.

But since that isn't so....I'm so sorry, Greg. You've put in so much work, and it's good you should make a profit. But that doesn't help with the time lost getting your herd into a new space.

Blessings on your search for another location.

~ Thank you, it is sad, however the truth is the city truly wants to suppress the upper middle class in that area....

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
~ Thank you, it is sad, however the truth is the city truly wants to suppress the upper middle class in that area....
In favor of lower class? Or upper? I'm just not getting it...upper middle is the bread and butter of a community. They carry the tax burden more than any others. None of this makes sense to me.