Aldabra Pen Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
This IS a Great design...well thought out and executed! I foresee a much larger version right next to it in a few years! Your current project will serve well as a nursery down the road to all your baby Aldabs...NICE JOB! ;)

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
-EJ said:
Man... I hate to say this but that pen is going to work for about 5 years or less with the care you are giving them. That is a fantastic design but I think you should have thought bigger all around. What I thought was really interesting was the pouring of the concrete in the blocks. I don't think this is a good idea for the house because air is a better insulator than concrete... just an opinion.

Still... that is a fantastic setup.

Ed, nice to see you here! As for the concrete in the blocks, it will probably not be an issue here this far south as it rarely gets cold enough to chill all the way through, especially if heated inside, but you are definitely correct, the air is a better insulator...but in hurricane territory, the concrete might prove useful...smile.
Doc

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
murdocjunior said:
Any updates?
I posted the latest updates in a new thread. Below.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Aldabra-Pen-latest-Update?pid=256642#pid256642

Missy said:
Hope you don't mind but I want a pen just like yours. Are you putting in steps to get in and out?
I am not putting any steps, as these guys will be moving into a bigger Pen before they get too big to lift out of this one. I don't mind that you wnat one just like this, as that is very flattering.
DeanS said:
This IS a Great design...well thought out and executed! I foresee a much larger version right next to it in a few years! Your current project will serve well as a nursery down the road to all your baby Aldabs...NICE JOB! ;)
Thanks Dean. Actually, if you look close at some of the other pics, you can see where the cinder block walls extend past this one. Those are for the bigger pen. I will start more work on extending the walls later this winter. I figure I have between 3 and 5 years to finish the big one, before the torts are too big to use this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.