Status
Not open for further replies.

muddoc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
exoticsdr said:
muddoc said:
Thanks guys. I think I am going to remove it and look for a replacement.

It's a funny thing, how different species can utilize food sources that are toxic to other species....just don't want your torts to be our guinea pigs in this instance. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, would love to get together.

Doc

Thanks Doc. I did remove the Lantana yesterday, and will be looking for a suitable replacement soon. I don't really want to take any chances either.

Where exactly is your neck of the woods? I ask because I work in the oilfield, and do travel to Houston quite regularly. So getting together is not completely out of the question. I be heading that way in June.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
muddoc said:
exoticsdr said:
muddoc said:
Thanks guys. I think I am going to remove it and look for a replacement.

It's a funny thing, how different species can utilize food sources that are toxic to other species....just don't want your torts to be our guinea pigs in this instance. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, would love to get together.

Doc

Thanks Doc. I did remove the Lantana yesterday, and will be looking for a suitable replacement soon. I don't really want to take any chances either.

Where exactly is your neck of the woods? I ask because I work in the oilfield, and do travel to Houston quite regularly. So getting together is not completely out of the question. I be heading that way in June.

Kountze, TX..just north of Beaumont. Let me know.

Doc

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
As far as small shrubs, the above web site says Lavatera (says they like their flowers), Flowering Current (Ribes), Spiraea, Fushia (they have 'wild' perennial versions that come back every year), and you know about Rose, Hebe and Rose of Sharon.

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
exoticsdr said:
Kountze, TX..just north of Beaumont. Let me know.
Doc
Thanks Doc. I'll let you know when I am coming through.

lynnedit said:
As far as small shrubs, the above web site says Lavatera (says they like their flowers), Flowering Current (Ribes), Spiraea, Fushia (they have 'wild' perennial versions that come back every year), and you know about Rose, Hebe and Rose of Sharon.

Thanks Lynn. I am very busy this week with a reptile show coming up this weekend, but I will definitely find a replacement before the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.