Aldabra Growth Line

naynay

I got 4 aldabra and I have noticed their growth line are very thick. Is that normal ?
I feed them with small portion of vegetable daily and change to hibiscus, Mazuri mixed with Repcal once a week just try to add more variety.

I named them all in Thai :)
1. Rod Tung (Big tank) almost 5 inch
2. Tung Ngen (Silver Sack) 4.5 inch
3. Tung Thong (Gold Sack) 4.6 inch
4. Jumbo 4 inch

all_zpsy3e4lhu3.jpg

Their growth line :

1-1_zpsiawvabvy.jpg

1-2_zps9vlrxqvi.jpg

2_zpsrp0cq8re.jpg

3_zps2lsbb6zw.jpg

4_zpsb1v2iw4k.jpg

Take them for a walk :)

S__20021283_zps2tiiw8gg.jpg

S__20021282_zpspptyqv2a.jpg

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Thailand
Hello and welcome to the forum! You live in thailand right? Could i ask you if you got your tortoises from a private dealer or a shop and also what kind of vegetables to do you feed your tortoises because some of the vegetable grown in thailand can be pretty nasty for tortoises. They are beautiful!

naynay

I got them from a shop. I feed them Chinese morning glory, kale, pumpkin, carrot, hibicus and put timothy hay for substrate.

Hello and welcome to the forum! You live in thailand right? Could i ask you if you got your tortoises from a private dealer or a shop and also what kind of vegetables to do you feed your tortoises because some of the vegetable grown in thailand can be pretty nasty for tortoises. They are beautiful!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Sawasdee!
Welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and your lovely tortoises.
I lived in Thailand for 18 months, wonderful country.

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Thailand
You might want to stop feeding morning glory to them because it is high in oxalic acid and low in fibre, what i do for my tortoises is that each year i order seed mixes from different shops in America and grow them in my enclosures so I don't have to worry about going to the store to buy vegetables. You can replace morning glory by Bok Choi.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.:D

Lovely torts,GOD bless.

naynay

Oh! I will stop it from now on, thank you.

You might want to stop feeding morning glory to them because it is high in oxalic acid and low in fibre, what i do for my tortoises is that each year i order seed mixes from different shops in America and grow them in my enclosures so I don't have to worry about going to the store to buy vegetables. You can replace morning glory by Bok Choi.

Alaskamike

South Florida
I only have one Aldabra & she is about 30 months old now.

I noticed she would have thicker growth lines at times. They can put on growth spurts just like all other young animals.

More important than the growth lines is to insure adequate calcium in the diet , hydration & variety.

You can see " Cupcake" in the thread by that name.

Good fortune to you !