Alan Rickman

Prairie Mom

@Stitchpunk have you seen "Truly, Madly, Deeply"?

Here's a fun clip. I love their version of this song better than the original.

If you haven't seen it, you SHOULD! He comes back as a ghost to help her deal with losing him. It's very clever.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
one of the very very very very very few celebrities that I happen to like. die hard and Galaxy Quest

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
love the book, heard the movie blew chunks

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A wonderful actor, loved all his films, and a fantastic Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films.
A great loss!

Prairie Mom

A wonderful actor, loved all his films, and a fantastic Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films.
A great loss!
Agreed! When I read the books, I only picture Alan Rickman. :) He was too perfect in every way!
I saw this the other day...sigh...
snapelily.jpg

Seriously...such a fantastic character in the books. He dedicated his whole life to Harry Potter's safety even when Harry had moments of being a stupid Twerp all for the love of Lily!:) Great Story and Great portrayal by a fabulous actor!

Prairie Mom

one of the very very very very very few celebrities that I happen to like. die hard and Galaxy Quest
By Grapthar's hammer, you couldn't be MORE RIGHT!

Do you remember the Rock Monster scene in Galaxy Quest? I've hiked there MANY MANY times. I'll have to post pictures. I only have one on this computer that my husband uploaded of me, but it doesn't show how cool the valley is. It's one of the freaky cool places in the world.

Prairie Mom

love the book, heard the movie blew chunks
No No no!!! You heard wrong!!!

I love the books too! The movie certainly takes BIG departures from the books. If you're looking for an exact replica, you'll be disappointed BUT -HUGE BUT!!- (he he:p) The movie captures the FEEL and tone of the books PERFECTLY. Opening credits with Dolphins doing synchronized swimming singing "So long and thanks for all the fish", Martin Freeman is a perfect Arthur Dent, Billy Nighy is Startybartfast, Alan Rickman as Marvin the Robot, and they Captured the Vogon's perfectly complete with hideous bureaucracy and even torture by poetry! They change Zaphod Beeblebrox's heads in a weird way, but the actor's performance is dead on and really amusing. You must see it! If I draw you for Secret Santa next year, I'm sending you THIS MOVIE along with "The King of Kong: a fistful of quarters" if you don't own it already!!!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

I love the books too! The movie certainly takes BIG departures from the books. If you're looking for an exact replica, you'll be disappointed BUT -HUGE BUT!!- (he he:p) The movie captures the FEEL and tone of the books PERFECTLY. Opening credits with Dolphins doing synchronized swimming singing "So long and thanks for all the fish", Martin Freeman is a perfect Arthur Dent, Billy Nighy is Startybartfast, Alan Rickman as Marvin the Robot, and they Captured the Vogon's perfectly complete with hideous bureaucracy and even torture by poetry! They change Zaphod Beeblebrox's heads in a weird way, but the actor's performance is dead on and really amusing. You must see it! If I draw you for Secret Santa next year, I'm sending you THIS MOVIE along with "The King of Kong: a fistful of quarters" if you don't own it already!!!

Also,

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
as far as I know everybody who's read the book hated the movie. I don't need an exact adaptation of the book but it should keep the spirit of the book alive

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
@Stitchpunk have you seen "Truly, Madly, Deeply"?

Here's a fun clip. I love their version of this song better than the original.

If you haven't seen it, you SHOULD! He comes back as a ghost to help her deal with losing him. It's very clever.
I haven't tbh. I tend to avoid romcoms and relationship movies, I'm all about the explosions and spaceships! But I can handle Love Actually...

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

I don't think I've ever made it to the end of the movie. I always fall asleep. Got the audiobooks though.

Prairie Mom

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

NOOOOOO! AAAAAAAA! THe PAAAAIN!:D

Alex77

Just came across this... a wicked find for all you Rickman-fan-tortoise-owners. Just by watching this cute vid of a tort eating a strawberry (and listening to Rickman's sublime voice at the same time) you can help out refugees. In the vid, Richman states that Youtube will pay for every view that the vid receives, and that money will then be donated. Share it widely!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/15/alan-...-a-strawberry-in-his-last-ever-video-5625086/