Air Plant

Hi everyone,

So I'm pretty intrigued by air plants and wanted to get one for my tortoise enclosure for a little while so was excited when I found one today in a reptile shop. It is Brachycaulos multiflora and this is the same one -
PPA020-v1.jpg

Hoping to put it in Phoebes enclosure, but I can't find any information about this plant online in relation to tortoises and just wanted to ask of anyone knows if this is safe for my little one?

Thank you :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Really? They're quite expensive to buy here. Yeah, I guess Florida would qualify as "the tropical Americas." That's where Wiki says they grow naturally.

Prairie Mom

If anyone wants one...Even a large one....PM me. They grow wild here.
Hi Zeropilot, tried to PM you and got this message "This member limits who may view their full profile." Could you please try sending me a note?

@Tortoise_Lover27 I'd love to try air plants too! I looked them up a while ago myself and found they were safe also. I bet it will look great in your enclosure!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
@Prairie Mom - chrissy: If you just scroll your mouse over your in box, the drop down menu has a "start a new conversation" you can click on. then just type Zeropilot's username in there.

Last edited: