ailing leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

malling51

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
warrington uk
[/size][/font]my female leopard tortoise has become very lethargic shes still eating but doesnt look happy im worried she might be eggbound is there anything i can do to help her

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Clean and rinse your bath tub very well. VERY well. Position a light over one part of the tub and put enough warm water in there to come up to the middle of the tortoise's sides. Leave her in there for an hour, but be sure to check on her frequently.

The warm water, coupled with the walking back and forth and trying to escape, does wonders for relieving anything lodged in one of her pipes...whether it be eggs or fecal matter or stones.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome hope all comes out well for your tortoise

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
emysemys said:
Clean and rinse your bath tub very well. VERY well. Position a light over one part of the tub and put enough warm water in there to come up to the middle of the tortoise's sides. Leave her in there for an hour, but be sure to check on her frequently.

The warm water, coupled with the walking back and forth and trying to escape, does wonders for relieving anything lodged in one of her pipes...whether it be eggs or fecal matter or stones.

huh i cant believe i never knew that. now i dont feel bad when they are trying to escape during a soak =] its actually good for them i guess

malling51

5 Year Member
warrington uk
emysemys said:

thank you she doesnt seem to wont to walk at the moment will persist :)

malling51

5 Year Member
warrington uk
re ailing leopard

to all who gave well wishes my female leopard is fine and well and back to normal :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: re ailing leopard

malling51 said:
to all who gave well wishes my female leopard is fine and well and back to normal :D

Ya, jumping for joy. So glad she is fine. Do you know what it was?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So what was the problem? What fixed it? We're all here to learn.

malling51

5 Year Member
warrington uk
RE: re ailing leopard

wellington said:
malling51 said:

Ya, jumping for joy. So glad she is fine. Do you know what it was?

no did as suggested ( baths ) and a strict diet no treats . it looks like she was constipated now shes on a mission its her time and the reptibator is empty lol

malling51

5 Year Member
warrington uk
update news shes back to normal and as of today lighter shes just presented us with 19 eggs . have to find outlets already have 11 hatchlings 4 months to 5 weeks old happy days

Status
Not open for further replies.