advise on outdoor inclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason g.

5 Year Member
OK my question is is the stuff I'm putting in my inclosure good enough I've looked up most of the plants and it said it was not poisoned but when I posted in the past some people had concerns about the kind of hollyhock and zinnia I was planting. So I took pictures to be 100% sure everything is OK.
2012-05-28_12-45-24_373.jpg

Here's the soil.
2012-05-28_12-46-19_235.jpg

Here's the mulch.
2012-05-28_12-43-03_682.jpg

This is bloomsdale long standing spinach, dwarf Siberian kale,baby romaine,Gorgia southern Collard, triple curled parsley, and (questionable oregano).
2012-05-28_12-44-00_432.jpg

Summer carnival mix hollyhock, majorette mix hollyhock, Alaska Shasta daisy, Lilliput zinnia, envy zinnia, and candy cane mixed colored zinnia.
2012-05-28_12-44-43_974.jpg

These I have no clue. Dwarf bedding mix petunia, cactus mix, blue Gracie ornamental grass, dwarf Teddy bear sunflower, and passion flower. I'll look on all the mixes and post what's in them. Asap
The only one that say what is in the mix is the cactus. It contains saguaro, cane cholla, versicolor cholla, compass barrel, strawberry hedgehog, Florence hedgehog, organ pipe, Old man cactus, dollar prickly pear,coastal prickly pear, small desert prickly pear, large dessert prickly pear, Santa Rita prickly pear, purple prickly pear, and Cardon.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Sorry posted in African sulcaltas I meant to post in tortoise inclosures.

jason g.

5 Year Member
I guess all I'm gonna plant is the greens. I looked up most everything but just cause it's not poison don't mean it's good for them I was hoping someone who has a green thumb could confirm some of it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There are mixed feelings about poison and non poison plants. Some say the torts, if in a big enough enclosure are safe, as they know what to eat and what not to eat. Others would never let a poisonous plant be in the enclosures. I say play it safe and don't purposely plant what you know is poisonous. Good luck on the green thumb.

jason g.

5 Year Member
wellington said:
There are mixed feelings about poison and non poison plants. Some say the torts, if in a big enough enclosure are safe, as they know what to eat and what not to eat. Others would never let a poisonous plant be in the enclosures. I say play it safe and don't purposely plant what you know is poisonous. Good luck on the green thumb.

Thank you. I think that might be what I'm getting confused about. I just want plants he will enjoy. Nothing poisonous. Thank you badkitty that site will help. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.