Advice please. New foster mum!

K.R.

Location (City and/or State)
Driffield
Hello everyone! So today I became a foster mum to this beauty after someone found it unexpectantly. I have to call it and it for now as ive not learnt about sexing them yet ?
My first step is to take it to the vets tomorrow to check for microchip and get a health check.
For now we have popped him/her in a temporary enclosure that has a good amount of weed and border in so its happily grazing away. What do we need to make sure it has in the short term? Do we need to give it a small bath and any supplementary bits to eat or will the weeds be enough for now? Could anyone identify species - i'm thinking greek?

We are more than happy to look after it whilst we see if it has a home and then long term if nothing crops up. We won't be uploading photos to anywhere but here as we want people to prove ownership before we let him/her go!
Any advice gratefully recieved :)

IMG_20200614_125530.jpgIMG_20200614_123644.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! Looks like a Greek to me too.

If you post pictures of the underside including the tail, we can help I.D. his sex.

Greek tortoises like to eat broad-leaf weeds and plants. He may nibble a bit on the grass, but they prefer the weeds. He's a pretty healthy-looking guy. Did they try to find his owner?

K.R.

Driffield
Thank you!!
Got this picture of the underside... Is that any use??

He does look quite well. Quite overgrown claws. Hopefully a vet check tomorrow will tell us more :)

We are going to try to find owner but dont want to advertise too much as we know some people might try to just claim him! We are going to see if hes microchipped and will ask around the neighbours. Our village is not very big so if someone is missing it we should know fairly quick. Will consider putting a word post on social media if we have no luck.

IMG_20200614_123544.jpg

K.R.

Driffield
Just seen other photos and thats maybe not the best. I will try to get another shot of its tail!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard for me to tell, but might be female.