Advice on ventilation.

_Turtle024

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I been working on a closed top enclose for my tortoise. All the way around is wood. And the top will be glass. It's for indoor so of course ik I gotta put plastic on the wood to keep from molding and I have to put the uvb and heat bulbs inside the encloser.

How do I know how much ventilation I would need.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I been working on a closed top enclose for my tortoise. All the way around is wood. And the top will be glass. It's for indoor so of course ik I gotta put plastic on the wood to keep from molding and I have to put the uvb and heat bulbs inside the encloser.

How do I know how much ventilation I would need.
No one can answer this question for you. Every enclosure is different and it sounds like yours is going to be a custom job. If you are housing the Testudo species depicted in your avatar, then you are going to want more ventilation and drier conditions than some one raising a baby sulcata, star or red footed tortoise. Once you set up your enclosure, you'll need to put your hygrometer in there and see what you've got. Then you can add or cover up ventilation, and increase or decrease the moisture level as needed to get the conditions that you want.