1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Adult male attracted to a particular female

Discussion in 'Marginated tortoises' started by SA_MargTort, Oct 9, 2019 at 8:05 AM.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. SA_MargTort

SA_MargTort New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Texas
    Has anyone else experienced an adult male attracted to a certain female and forgetting the other? My adult male is constantly pursuing one female and ignores the other.
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Yes, it's common. They seem to fixate on one female and just leave the others alone. When I had the adult Manouria here, the male was enamored with one female and never bred the other two, but since moving to San Diego to live with my tortoise partner, he now covers all the females in the group.
  3. SA_MargTort

SA_MargTort New Member

Texas
    Very interesting. Last year he seemed "pleased" with both females, but this year he is more particular. Thanks for the response.