ADORABLE new kitty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Kristina, he is a quite handsome young man. I have three altered toms (I think they make the best pets) who all nibble when scratched. I believe this is receprical grooming behaviour. He looks to be more of a bobtail than a manx. If the tailbone is twisted or curved he's a bobtail and if straight a stumpy. A true manx has a soft depression where the tailbone would be (a form of spina bifica).

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
From what I remember it is curved or twisted a bit at the tip. Really odd feeling, actually, lol.

He reminds me very much of a pixie-bob. I too think he is going to be drop dead gorgeous once he gets a healthy coat.

I have two other altered boys as well. Louie is 2 1/2 and Mo is just over a year. I call them my Halloween boys - Louie is black and Mo is orange ;) I love my girl kitties too, but my boys have a special place in my heart. It is impossible to describe Mo. He is like my child. I raised him from just a few hours old - he was born to a very young mother, and she abandoned him at birth. He is my baby now :)

That is interesting about the difference between a bob-tail and a manx, I didn't know that!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
The bobtail is an extreme expression the oriental gene,siamese cats often have a kinked tail which a fault for showing but in the extreme you get the bobtail which then becomes great. Humans think its great and cats don't care.

Sigmar

5 Year Member
Handsome guy. We have an 8 week kitten that we bottle feed from 2 days of age. Found him in the back yard and think moma abandoned him. After taking him to the vet found he may have some colon issues which kinda confirmed our thoughts that he was abandoned. Still touch and go if he'll make it.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Kristina what are all your torts' names?

Congrats on your new little kitty! He's very handsome :) Tabbies are my favorite.
And thank you for rescuing him. I can't wait to rescue a cat or dog in the future.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
My Russians are Vanya, Sveta, Nurai and Darya.

The Redfoots are Amara, Zarina, and Malaya.

The Hingebacks are Furaha, Nyah, Abeni, Kayin, Taonga, and Fudu.

My new Hingeback male and new Redfoot male will be here Thursday, so I'll have to come up with names for them, too, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.