Adopting a Greek Tortoise in 2 weeks and I need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerrl

5 Year Member
Howdy. This is my first time using a forum so I hope I am doing this right (sorry if I'm not).
I have wanted to adopt a tortoise from an wild life rescue for a couple of years. I got news two days ago that they have a Greek Tortoise for me to adopt, but beside a picture and knowing that she is a Greek Tortoise, I do not know anything else.
My question is what all do I need for her? I have been trying to research but it seems all my information is too general or not very informative.
Any extra advice is great too. I want to make sure I am well educated before I bring her home.

Thanks so much!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tuckerrl:

705995xrybttzoqo.gif

to the forum!!

Get the biggest plastic tub you can afford. They need a lot of exercise and I'm assuming the tortoise you're getting is probably full grown. Its even better if you can build her a tort table...maybe out of an old book case. You'll need a UV light, a hiding place, some substrate, a water dish and something to put the food on.

Good luck with your tortoise. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her when you get her.

kit-e-kat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gardena, Ca.
Welcome Tuckerrl:
I have 2 Greek yearlings and they appear to be doing great due to reserch, the Turtle and Tortoise Club, and of course this Forum. Although the Greeks are a hardy species, they do have specific needs. This forum is a wealth of info. I think that wherever pets are aquired or sold should have info on joining a club or this website. I have asked questions no matter how simplistic and have recieved help from these wonderful members. Godd luck on your new baby!
John and Joanie

Status
Not open for further replies.