ADOPT - Super friendly Red-Footed Tortoise - Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Anderson

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

It is with a very heavy heart that I find myself writing this post.
Due to upcoming moves and an uncertain future, I am not going to be able to provide for my little man, Boris the Tortoise, and give him the quality of life he deserves. Boris is Red-Footed tortoise about 13 years old and is the sweetest, friendliest, and most charming friend. If he were to be anything for halloween, it would be a ham. He is also roughly the size of a small ham. This guy is one of the best tortoise companions you could ask for. He will happily climb and sit in your lap, keep you company on rainy days, and eat blueberries from your hand as you both sit in the grass. What he lacks in his pea brain he makes up for in his heart. He is good around children and cats, although nervous around dogs. His only thing to look out for would be the slow stalking of fingers and toes because he thinks they are tasty little worms, but again he is very slow and contemplative.

Boris would prefer to go to a home that has a small yard or area for him to spend quality summer hours in the sun and hiding in plants. He used to spend all summer outside in our little backyard and was in love. Due to his size (about a foot and not quite done) he needs a decent bit of space to roam around, currently he is living on the floor of my studio apartment (I know this isn't ideal for either of us) but he is a quiet roommate. He comes more or less to his name and wiggling fingers, and comes running for shell rubs.

Shell rubs
Gentle head rubs
Being under the faucet in the bath
People

Dislikes:
Almost any leafy green except lettuce
yellow food pellets

I will happily let my dear friend go to anyone who promises that they will be as good of a friend as he is. Someone who loves him with their whole heart and will treat him like a valued family member.
He will come with all of his things for the low cost of friendship.
I will link a folder of photos below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vkxf6I5rg6OSBmvIqmwW_c9VYLh0B-La?usp=sharing

abm12603

Location (City and/or State)
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hello Everyone,

Due to upcoming moves and an uncertain future, I am not going to be able to provide for my little man, Boris the Tortoise, and give him the quality of life he deserves. Boris is Red-Footed tortoise about 13 years old and is the sweetest, friendliest, and most charming friend. If he were to be anything for halloween, it would be a ham. He is also roughly the size of a small ham. This guy is one of the best tortoise companions you could ask for. He will happily climb and sit in your lap, keep you company on rainy days, and eat blueberries from your hand as you both sit in the grass. What he lacks in his pea brain he makes up for in his heart. He is good around children and cats, although nervous around dogs. His only thing to look out for would be the slow stalking of fingers and toes because he thinks they are tasty little worms, but again he is very slow and contemplative.

Boris would prefer to go to a home that has a small yard or area for him to spend quality summer hours in the sun and hiding in plants. He used to spend all summer outside in our little backyard and was in love. Due to his size (about a foot and not quite done) he needs a decent bit of space to roam around, currently he is living on the floor of my studio apartment (I know this isn't ideal for either of us) but he is a quiet roommate. He comes more or less to his name and wiggling fingers, and comes running for shell rubs.

Shell rubs
Gentle head rubs
People

Dislikes:
yellow food pellets

I will happily let my dear friend go to anyone who promises that they will be as good of a friend as he is. Someone who loves him with their whole heart and will treat him like a valued family member.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vkxf6I5rg6OSBmvIqmwW_c9VYLh0B-La?usp=sharing
Hi, I would love to adopt Boris, he sounds like a very special man! I am a previous zoo keeper of 5 years where we had an adorable pair of Red foots! Loved caring for them. I live in NY and could guarantee that shipping him would be worth it but I understand the concerns and your decision either way! I live on an acre of property and would love to let him live outside all summer long and give him a great life inside during the rest of the year. Let me know if he is still available and if you are willing to ship. Thanks!

Daniel molina

Tx
Hello Everyone,

Shell rubs
Gentle head rubs
People

Dislikes:
yellow food pellets

Is the tortoise still available text me at 12144622988 and do you ship them cause I live in Dallas, Tx

Kim's petunia

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palmbay FL
Hello Everyone,

Shell rubs
Gentle head rubs
People

Dislikes:
yellow food pellets

Where are you

Status
Not open for further replies.