Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its hard to tell, because when I made the picture bigger it got blurry, but I THINK I see a red ear slider resting on the front of the rocks.

People who don't do their homework when they buy turtles and tortoises make me sick!

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I know I thought about emailing and asking what kind they were. Maybe I will.

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I emailed and asked what they are. I'll post if they reply to me.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
emysemys said:
Its hard to tell, because when I made the picture bigger it got blurry, but I THINK I see a red ear slider resting on the front of the rocks.

People who don't do their homework when they buy turtles and tortoises make me sick!

I couldnt agree more!!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
How cute would that be....miniature turtles that look like RESs that wont grow and don't need light.......seriously? I hope someone will get them....

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
She replied, She bought them at a swappers day and does not know what they are called. She said, they were half the size of a dollar bill.

I've always had a soft spot for water turtles cause it seems they are put in the wrong conditions a lot! Can you imagine having to swim nonstop. Very sad.:(

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
UBER Cool, I want some Magic water turtles, do they grant wishes also.

Man I hope that's not RES or other baskers, even the cheesy turtle bowl would be better than swimming 24/7.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If she picked them up at that small size at a swap meet they are likely RESs.....Poor little turtles....:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Travis1978 said:
I have some of the same turtles from the same place and they did tell me they were 100% water turtles and could just go in an aquarium with fish or by their self and they NEVER needed to come out of the water. They did have some they were calling Jelly Beans and that is what I thought we got but can't find anything on the web. I have had my turtle for a few years and he has done fine untill recently. This last time I cleaned his tank he started acting funny a couple days later. I am curious as to what kind he is and if all this is true. So I can give the little guy whatever. I will try to post a picture as soon as I can. Any help would be appreciated. Please don't give info unless you are 100% sure of what you are telling me. Thanks from me and my little guy Squirt.

Hi Travis:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?\

We will be very happy to I.D. your turtle for you, just shoot us some pictures. Most water turtles are what we call semi-aquatic. They need to be under water to eat, but most of them do need to have a spot to climb out of the water and warm up.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
RES also do not stay small the females can get up too 15" although I seen a year old RES and two snapper turtles in a crappy plastic lagoon together and all three were still hatchling sized. It broke my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.