Abscess Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

This is Abscess Nose. I was looking thru my pictures and came across these and thought you might be interested in seeing them. I treated this guy for months with Vet visits and antibiotics and soaking and steroid nose drops. I got rid of the abscess but couldn't ever cure the swelling his face had. I doubt any of you could recognize the species as his face is so distorted...well maybe:)
fad839.jpg

I tube fed him with Critical Care for 3 months before he started eating, and still he just ate a little bit...
21984li.jpg

Even tho he was sick as all h*** and didn't eat he was a real sweetheart...
246s3lx.jpg

So he is going to spend the rest of his life with a distorted face, he is eating and active and the last I saw of him he was acting totally normal...
This is Abscess Nose...
mczwaa.jpg

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
ouch Maggie! Poor thing!! thankfully he had YOU to make sure he made it through having a face full of nasty. good job!

teri

M

Maggie Cummings

After I turn them back into the rescue in Calif I don't know where they go...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Easy enough to figure out what he is :D

Was the nose ever opened up? With that kind of infection there is usually cheesey material, just like an ear infection, filling up the nasal cavity.

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Danny:

From what I remember of the story (really bad short term memory), they didn't actually cut the skin, but were able to pull out the pus and keep it cleaned out with a syringe.

M

Maggie Cummings

He was on Baytril, a steroid nose drop and I sucked out the pus several times a day until there was no more. This face picture was taken after all the pus was out and his nose was clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.