About finding a Vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvers24

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I kind of figured that! Which is why he enjoys them, ah so that would be the reason, like I said above, I usually wet the stuff 3 times a day. But indeed, the pond water is there for when he needs it.

When you say responsive, you mean how? Like when the turtle knows we're there? Or about to feed?
Or like the instance above when I mention the water and how he enjoys it.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
When you go near enclosure they watch you and approach you for food. Mine will not retract when picked but kicks and thrashs.

Silvers24

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ahhhh, mine is getting there, he still retracts, but not nearly as bad as the day I got him.
When I pick him up he retracts, and kinda does a 50/50, he comes out, but when I move him he quickly goes back in.

He is starting to stare at me when I look at him, which is pretty cool

Ok, is this normal? This just happend as I was typing

100_1461.jpg

100_1462.jpg

Looks like some of his shell molted off, I read these do, but just asking you to make sure.
His shell otherwise looks fine.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I have seen this in painted, res, and maps (all wild caught) but never in my manni. I have it is a normal occuriance water turtles.

Silvers24

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well, I cleaned his stuff, new substrate (same stuff) and he really is loving it.

But why does he prefer to go over the edge of the water pale, then climb the wooded log in?
(I previously had a nice log, which he was use to before I bought him)
Now he does use the log to climb out however, which is good, because he was not using the one displayed on the first page.
Instead he likes to hide under it.
Due to how high the edge sits above the ground, you'd think he'd use the log for going in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.