A very sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrholls

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine
Sometime Saturday night our russian tortoise Silly Lily passed away. We did everything we could but something had been wrong pretty much since we got her. We didn't choose a spunky tortoise. We picked the small, cute, and quiet one. My wife and I are devastated, but thanks to you guys on the forum we know we gave her the best life we could. She was very special to us, and I didn't realize just how much a tortoise could get under our skin. Having her has truly changed us as people :) I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who tried to help, and sometimes there really is nothing you can do.

montana

5 Year Member
So sorry about that .. What a disappointment... Take what you learned and start over .. You could have a new one shipped in tomorrow . Don`t give up ...!!

jrholls

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine
You guys on this forum are really great :) Thanks for everything. We purchased/rescued another russian from Petsmart yesterday. It already feels so much better to see the lights on the tort table glowing again. I'll start a new thread tonight with pictures of her. Maybe you guys can help us name her? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.