A truly remarkable time

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
It's story time again on TFO. :D

It was busy in the scoop shop today. Tons of rude people coming through the line demanding a flavor we had just run out of, offset by the incredibly sweet people, who's smile brought joy to my life in the 5 minutes I catered to them. A smell of sweet brownies cooking in the oven, the monotonous clanging of registers slamming open and shut. Fellow scoppers rushing past to get to their flavor.

"Cherry Garcia in a waffle cone, please", said the cutest little kid ever, handing me a 5 dollar bill, with a grin that couldn't be matched. About 10 years old, he had on his favorite Ben and Jerry's shirt, obviously a veteran here. "It'll be one minute to prepare it, I'll be right back" I said, smiling. I ran over into the adjoining room, where the dip cases held many fresh made waffle cones. Just then, a friend had handed me the phone. "It's for you" she says. I handed her the waffle cone to finish the order. I answered, and a very nervous voice came on. A voice that I soon will be hearing on a daily basis.

Albina had handed me a picture of a beautiful blonde girl, surrounded by pink walls, posing cutely on a canopy bed. "who's this?" I asked. She replied that this cutesy little face was what matched the voice on the phone. I fell in love. Just staring at those perfect eyes, and that beautiful grin. Everything about this girl was so amazing. "you HAVE to meet her, Brandon, you guys would make a cute couple". And so it began.

Just a few evening later, with many hours of Facebooking and getting to know each other, we tried our first date. The Olive Garden. A casual romantic setting with soft music in the background, lovely food, and Cary, sitting right across the table from me. I couldn't help but to get lost in her eyes every time we glanced at each other. I felt so comfortable with her here. Things felt so natural between us. Everything we said, came very casually, with no awkward moments. It felt as if though we were soul mates. And even though up to this point I didn't believe in love at first sight, I was falling. And very fast.

Days went by, and we hung out more and more often, solidifying that perfect feeling I felt when we were together. Talking, sharing life moments, and goofing around seemed to be the part of my life that I was missing. She was definitely the piece of the puzzle I needed.

We decided to go on a bit of a walk, just down a lovely dirt road next to her house. That night was absolutely perfect. The air was crisp, and clean. The moon lit our path. Stars danced in the sky, and the ground beneath us crunched with each step we took. Every thing was silent. We came across a lovely pond, and decided to watch the moons reflection playing in the ripples. Life at that minute was perfect. It was if we both had got the cue for the first kiss. Nothing in my life up to this point was as magical as this. I looked in her eyes, watching a million little stars twinkle back.

Today was the big day. My heart felt as if though it wanted to escape the confined prison my ribcage made, slamming the back of my chest with every beat it took. The tables were perfect. Lovely colors of pink, orange, green, and purple hung around every corner like a rainbow. The time was now, and I was instructed to meet outside to prepare for the walk. We did a last minute tie check, sipped a bit of water, and began.

I stood at the altar, watching my mother and father get seated. I smiled as they looked my way. Glancing back down the aisle to see a very sobby mother of the bride be seated. And the music in the backround changed.

Both Cary's sisters and my sisters made their way down the aisle, one by one, each looking more beautiful than I have ever seen. The colors of each dress seemed very fitting for this beautiful August day. I watched as the flower gilr made her way down the aisle, spreading each flower petal very delicately and with pristine accuracy, as if they were made of glass, and to be spread for a queen. I smiled as I watched her take her place in the line. I glanced back down the aisle to see a sight sent by God himself, I swear. He had sent an angel to walk toward me.

Every thing I had felt coming here this day had disappeared. Nervousness, calmness had evaporated out of my very soul. The sight of this beautiful woman ripped the very breath out of my chest. A daze surrounded me. An aura of love, powerful enough to knock an elephant clean of it's feet, had surrounded me. Suffocating, and nurturing, I let the sheer beauty of her take over my body. Drowning in this stupor of love, I had been awakened and reborn as I took her from her father, to guide her to the altar.

Staring into and angel's eyes. Seeing a million stars on this bright August day. Reliving every moment up until now. Feeling completely overwhelmed with love welling inside. My heart was going to explode. We held hands, and placed rings. I embraced her body as we kissed. An explosion of happiness and passion flooding through our body, surging with every beat of our hearts. A vision of a dark night on a dirt road took over my thoughts. Our first kiss. I could feel the magic shimmering on her lips. The breath was being sucked out of my chest. We held hands, walked back down the aisle. To start a new life. Cary and I. A very happy ever after.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you thinking of a writing career?

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
I haven't really given it a lot of thought. It's just something I do for fun really.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
thank you! :D Im really glad you folks enjoy it. It's neat to be able to get it out there to read! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.