A Short Visit to Tortoise Heaven

orv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aguanga, CA
The day before yesterday my wife, Nancy and I had the privilege to visit with Yvonne at the Clovis Tortoise and Turtle Rescue. What a wonderful experience! Visiting with so many tortoises and turtles in safe and proper habitats allowed us to see how they should be housed and fed. We brought a clamshell of strawberries to feed as treats . . . that didn't last long! Just like with our California Desert Tortoises at home, the sight of strawberries gets the tortoises coming on the run, tortoise style that is. It is sad that some people obtain pets they don't understand how to feed or keep. We're just glad that people such as Yvonne are available to come to the rescue. These precious creatures require our commitment to feed and house them according to their needs, not ours. We especially fell in love with Yvonne's Aldabra tortoises. They actually seem to desire human contact (or maybe they have come to expect treats). Following our visit with the turtles and tortoises, we all went out to the local IHop for some human style feeding. Yvonne is a wonderful caregiver who Nancy and I hope to call friend from now on. Thanks again, Yvonne.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I certainly enjoyed my time with you and your little 4 legged critter. I'm happy to have a couple of new SoCal friends and the invitation is always there for you whenever you're up this way.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Well, I certainly enjoyed my time with you and your little 4 legged critter. I'm happy to have a couple of new SoCal friends and the invitation is always there for you whenever you're up this way.

You may well get tired of us.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Gotta have pictures here !
p0712.gif

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Good for you guys! I wish Yvonne's pace was closer to me, I'd certainly commit some regular time to help with the upkeep of the sanctuary

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Following Yvonne's kind hospitality to us this past week, Nancy and I would enjoy sharing our tortoises in their habitat with any of you who are able to "talk turtle" and find yourselves traversing our Southern California neighborhood of Aguanga (near Temecula). Come by and let's share. . . Orvil and Nancy

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
I wish there were more people near me that shared my passion for tortoises :(