A New Update on red foot types

Robber

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
Male appears to be a Brazilian...female is a northern type redfoot, possibly western Venezuela or Colombian with the reduced red leg coloration, but a northern type redfoot for sure.
Could you help ID exactly my 2. One is a Yellow foot female 35 years old. 2nd is a male Red foot 30 years. They have lived together for 12 to 15 years... Previous owner said she laid eggs several times and discarded them due to no interest in incubating. Can you cross these two? When are their prime age to have young? Any other info will be appreciated!

Last edited:

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida
I will take any information about redfooted I can get especially since have Flash since mid oct - I took him home thinking he was two months old..

By that calculus he will be 5 months old in a week. I just wonder if 5 inches long one way and 4.5 across the middle is too big for age. Also since weight is for less wonder if is due for a serge. No expert but his head is pretty big and neck is pretty long all of a sudden

I love him and he is healthy and friendly and loves his soaks but don’t want to get this wrong. I was planning a large ‘turtoise habitat’ this summer with a 4x4 inside for until we get the summer home built. But if I am wrong on age does he need the entire bedroom he has been staying in all to himself right now instead of next fall

sorry if wrong forum

laura

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida
I will try to get his top and bottom shells anyway and see what you think. The petshop claimed they were all home bred not smuggled in

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida
I don’t know what that means cuz mine has gotten thick before. He is going thru it now and his feet and head are very thick. Could it be what is needed for a growth spurt?

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida
Mine is so smooth on the bottom and just getting that darker hour glass look. I have wondered if he was older than we thought but still 6 months or less perhaps??

huntertao

5 Year Member
I have three Redfoots that I got locally here (in Thailand), the previous owners said they are Bolivian, but I didn't bother much at the time.
Are my Redfoots a Bolivian? if not, where could they be from? I love them all nonetheless, but would be cool to know their origins.

(1) Mostly red

(2) Orange and yellowish head, and red legs

(3) Yellowish head, and red legs

Possibility of being a Guyana?