A New Update on red foot types

marrufamar

5 Year Member
My eyes can't cacth differences about redfoot's subspesies, because its look similar to me... LOL

paver1960

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Ohio
Any thoughts on the "yellow" red foots supposedly from Columbia? I have 2.2 of these. Two of them only have yellow markings and two have orange/yellow markings but none have any red markings.

Craig

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
This picture makes me think of something I once read about pug puppies: "They're so cute they should be illegal."

Utterly adorable!
Trust me they use their cuteness to their advantage! My tween kids ate Raman noodles for dinner the other night while "the babies" dined on fresh organic kale and mango. LOL :D

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Ahh okay so I need some time, mine are 7 months, 3yrs 7months and the new one Fang is a size in between so probably like 2yrs.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yah the bigger the better. However though lots of times they are inter graded which makes it very difficult. Most of what is in the US is northern clad(Venezuela,Guyana, Suriname), eastern clad(cherry heads) and northwestern(Columbia)

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Ahh okay. I live in Puerto Rico and Dobby and Fang were bought on Petsmart so probably they come from the US but Hedwig the little one is localy born here from a local breeder. But she looks like Fang the only differance is that Fang is an all yellow redfoot and Hedwig have some orange red in her legs.
Dobby is all orange.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Brazilians X Cherryheads? They are usually referred to as one and the same. Are they Brazilian/Cherryheads crossed with some other locale of redfoots?

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
Kelly - this is incredibly helpful to me. I have a 1.5 year old baby, Gibby, who is round and flat, top and side views respectively. My other two recently-adopted rescue rf's are very "oblong" and very, very tall, top and side views respectively.

I started a thread somewhere else the other day, asking people if my round, flat little guy has problems because he is SUCH a different shape. Now I see here this is a matter of natural gene pools that have developed regionally.

This thread is very informative and comforting to me, worried that Gib was malformed because he's so broad and flat.

Thank you for all your very valuable contributions to this community in particular, and for your general contributions to the body of rf knowledge too.