A name for a Russian Tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElisTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I haven't yet got my tortoise (I'm so excited) so female or male names, though I think I'll get a female.
Please post your suggestions, and I'll choose my favourite!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Milla! After Milla Jovovich or Milla Kunis the two most famous Russian actresses of our time! It is what I was going to name my gorl until I fgured out she was a he with a short tail.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I had my male Russian for months before I named him. Just called him "the male russian" until then, LOL.

I eventually named him Sully after the nickname of the Sulcata tortoise. My lil' guy reminds me of a miniature sulcata. Like the min pins that think they are big dobies :p

You may just find that your tortoise names itself with how she acts or what she reminds you of :D

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Team Gomberg said:
I had my male Russian for months before I named him. Just called him "the male russian" until then, LOL.

I eventually named him Sully after the nickname of the Sulcata tortoise. My lil' guy reminds me of a miniature sulcata. Like the min pins that think they are big dobies :p

You may just find that your tortoise names itself with how she acts or what she reminds you of :D

All of mine but my Russians have named themselves. In fact, all my animals do this and people call me strange for saying that. I am SO glad someone else does this too! Try explaining how a puppy tells you her name is Pickles "Pickle Sue" to your non-pet loving friends. Or how your baby Sullies told you their names were Taco and Nacho! LOL...

TC, when you get your little guy or gal you will be able to name them based on their personalities pretty easy unless you get a rescue like my two. They are shy and not at all friendly, lol. I am holding off until their true nature shines forth.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Are you getting a mature tort, then? If you get a hatchling, you won't know the sex for a few years. So, be prepared to change their name. ;)

May[TURTLE]
Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

ElisTortoise

5 Year Member
UK
I'm getting a mature tortoise yes

From Ella

Saleama said:
Team Gomberg said:

All of mine but my Russians have named themselves. In fact, all my animals do this and people call me strange for saying that. I am SO glad someone else does this too! Try explaining how a puppy tells you her name is Pickles "Pickle Sue" to your non-pet loving friends. Or how your baby Sullies told you their names were Taco and Nacho! LOL...

TC, when you get your little guy or gal you will be able to name them based on their personalities pretty easy unless you get a rescue like my two. They are shy and not at all friendly, lol. I am holding off until their true nature shines forth.

Confusing but I get it ;-)

From Ella

Status
Not open for further replies.