10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My three amigos, Leonard - Leonard 10-8-19 c.jpg

Chasen - chasen 3-8-20.jpg

and Zipper - Zipper 9-20-19 b.jpg
Zipper 1-21-21.jpg

Got too big for their indoor closed chamber so I moved them outside into the leopard shed, into a smaller area sectioned off from the big tortoises. Zipper lived peaceably with the other two in the house but when I moved them out to the shed all he did was sit in a corner and pout. So today I cleaned out the unused tort table in that shed and fixed it up so Zipper could be a Lone Ranger until the weather warms up.

It's impossible to get far enough away from it to get a good picture:

tort table.jpg
tort table 1-21-21.jpg
tort table 1-21-21 b.jpg

And that's my good deed for the day. Now I'm off to the recliner and Nora Roberts!

(Today is my daughter's 61st birthday. OMG!!! I'm not old enough to have a daughter that old!!!)

Attachments

• tort table 1-21-21 b.jpg
    tort table 1-21-21 b.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 7

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My three amigos, Leonard - View attachment 315925

Chasen - View attachment 315926

and Zipper - View attachment 315927
View attachment 315941

Got too big for their indoor closed chamber so I moved them outside into the leopard shed, into a smaller area sectioned off from the big tortoises. Zipper lived peaceably with the other two in the house but when I moved them out to the shed all he did was sit in a corner and pout. So today I cleaned out the unused tort table in that shed and fixed it up so Zipper could be a Lone Ranger until the weather warms up.

It's impossible to get far enough away from it to get a good picture:

View attachment 315939
View attachment 315929
View attachment 315940

And that's my good deed for the day. Now I'm off to the recliner and Nora Roberts!

(Today is my daughter's 61st birthday. OMG!!! I'm not old enough to have a daughter that old!!!)
Wow, in my mind I can only see the teenaged Genine. 61 can't imagine. Email me a photo of her Plz???

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's good to see little Chasen again. Was it in 2019 that Chase sent him? I sure wonder what happened, as I know you do too.
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I've sent several emails to Chase over the past couple years. Chase was getting ready to move in April 2019, and since receiving his tortoise I haven't heard a peep from him. The bad thing is, I now have five male leopards and only two and a half females (later today I'll get some pictures of the .5 female) and when Chasen is big enough to move out into the large leopard yard, he's got to be one of them that goes. So my dilemma - do I sell him or set him up separately waiting to hear from Chase? I would have to section off a part of the leopard yard to set up a single male, and I'd really rather not do that. Plus, in the winter I only have the one leopard shed and it's not big enough to section off a portion for a single male leopard. I really can't keep him beyond this coming summer. I'll keep trying to contact Chase by email. Hopefully I can reach him.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I've sent several emails to Chase over the past couple years. Chase was getting ready to move in April 2019, and since receiving his tortoise I haven't heard a peep from him. The bad thing is, I now have five male leopards and only two and a half females (later today I'll get some pictures of the .5 female) and when Chasen is big enough to move out into the large leopard yard, he's got to be one of them that goes. So my dilemma - do I sell him or set him up separately waiting to hear from Chase? I would have to section off a part of the leopard yard to set up a single male, and I'd really rather not do that. Plus, in the winter I only have the one leopard shed and it's not big enough to section off a portion for a single male leopard. I really can't keep him beyond this coming summer. I'll keep trying to contact Chase by email. Hopefully I can reach him.

Whatever you need to do...I think that after 2 years you have certainly fulfilled your agreement with Chase.

Whatever happened to him, it has to have been devastating. He loved that tort, so I'm pretty certain that he is incapacitated and unable to contact you, and sadly, probably deceased.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whatever you need to do...I think that after 2 years you have certainly fulfilled your agreement with Chase.

Whatever happened to him, it has to have been devastating. He loved that tort, so I'm pretty certain that he is incapacitated and unable to contact you, and sadly, probably deceased.
That was my thought too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They're in San Diego in Will's RF breeding program. But the difference being, I was able to talk to Dr. Causmonaut's mom and she gave me permission.

zovick

10 Year Member!
After one year with no contact from the owner some items are considered to be "abandoned property" in some states and the person who has possession is free to do as they wish with it. Not sure if or how this applies to tortoises in CA or if one would even want to take possession of someone else's animal by that means, I am just tossing out that as a tidbit of information.

It seems to me that you (Yvonne) should be free to do whatever you need to do with this tortoise after nearly two years of no contact. You have certainly made every effort to contact the owner.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
They're in San Diego in Will's RF breeding program. But the difference being, I was able to talk to Dr. Causmonaut's mom and she gave me permission.
You remembered his name, and I didn't. I did remember that Stephanie paid dr Causmonauts to install a gate at the top of my deck stairs to stop Bob from going for a walk about...lol