A good ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton.abrams

5 Year Member
Hello! I'm looking to replace a few ramps in my Russian's enclosure. I'm looking for a good media to cover them in that will provide good footing, etc... Anyone have any suggestions!? I've used a few things but always looking to improve!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I've seen a lot that had just strips of wood going across with some space in between. Kinda like stairs. They can grip on each one as they go up and helps them to not just slide down.

Also, you ging look in the enclosure thread. You might get some ideas in there.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Tightly fitted carpet has worked well for me in the past, they can sink their nails into the thread a little which helps with pulling up and not sliding down. Although you gotta make sure there are no loose edges for them to chomp on.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I've seen and heard strips of like sand paper. It not only will stop them from slipping but also will help with their claws...

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
My ramps are surfaced with natural slate tiles from Home Depot. The surface is rough and irregular, and slate is soft enough that you can cut it with a hand saw or shape it with a rasp.

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
Sushi mats. Cut to size and hot file in place.

tortallyinsane11

5 Year Member
I used grip tape from the skate shop because it sticks really well. Then I spaced out craft sticks on top of that and sprinkled it with tiny gravel and dirt. The torts never slide down (even my crippled Sulcata could make it up and down) and it keeps their claws perfectly trimmed.

AesopTortoise

5 Year Member
Ky
68merc said:
Sushi mats. Cut to size and hot file in place.

Good idea! Bet that looks good too. I'm using limestone rocks I pulled when I put in my new septic tank. Boiled and baked, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.