A good enclosure

Fresh

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I'm new to the forum but I've been getting a lot of good information here. I recently decided I wanted to get an eastern Hermanns baby and I got just about everything I need but I was going to by a 2'x 3' mixing tub for its house till I could get my tortoise table built then I saw that it heavily recommend getting something with a lid/top to it to help hold in humidity. I'm having trouble finding a bin that's a good size for my baby(I haven't gotten it yet, waiting to get setup).

The other thing I'm having trouble finding is a UVB lighting fixture almost all of the ones I have stumbled upon say they start going bad in a few months. I know you need to know how high I want it to be above the enclosure so that kind of why I have asked both these questions here.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
It is not really see through so it would be fine. For a smaller tort it’s good for the first year then you can build an open table since their humidity needs are much lower than other torts. Also you can get a nice outdoor ready as well

Fresh

Michigan
It is not really see through so it would be fine. For a smaller tort it’s good for the first year then you can build an open table since their humidity needs are much lower than other torts. Also you can get a nice outdoor ready as well
Do you know a company that makes a good brand of light strip for the UVB light?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I got my 2’ T5 from Pangea reptile. It was 31.99 for the Vivarium Electronics fixture and 21.49 for the Arcadia 12% T5 HO. I get 4.0 reading at shell height on my Solarmeter 6.5r with the fixture 20” height