A gift to Bob the Saboteur

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I was so excited to be able to tell part of this story, but this morning some words from a long term friend cut me and made me have to take a second look at me and Bob and how he is living. When I went to get him up this morning he had blood dripping from a tear on his back foot. It looks like a spur has been torn right off and left a bleeding wound. I immediately went into 'nurse' mode and got all the products and gave my friend a couple of strawberries to hold Bob's attention while I treated his wound. I found the nail that I figured had done the tearing, it had been holding his pig blanket in place in his sleeping box, and over time from Bob digging in the plywood to make his nightly nest the nail had worked out of the wood. Bob had some poop on him and there was poop spread around his shed and on the walls because yesterday I had to make a 400 mile journey to help this very same friend as he was getting out of jail and losing his career and lively hood. The point being that Bob had to stay inside his shed and as Sulcata do he spread his anger and irritation at being made to stay in and destroyed the shed with poop. It's something I am used to seeing. But my friend with all the ignorant wisdom he could muster he says, "don't you think he would be better off in a different place where trained people could take better care of him?"
I screamed softly back at him that "Bob only looked like that because I had to drive to get you, you ignorant ***K! So he couldn't get outside". But maybe Bob does need to go some place where trained people could take better care of him. Love doesn't count does it.

Now with that somewhat out of my system here is the story I wanted to tell...the one I am excited to tell...this happened last Friday...the posts were cemented into the ground...
awe3ux.jpg

The area behind Bob's shed was dug up and finished off to make it safe for him...
28qrcj4.jpg

Then Monday a gate goes in...
2lkyzoo.jpg

Nuther gate goes in...
2ij2ex2.jpg

Bob's helping with the work...
smyi2q.jpg

I'm not in the way, am I?
qzpug6.jpg

He has to test every board..
11gt25u.jpg

This is the finished product at one end. There is a gate there that will allow him to go into an area behind his shed that for some reason I didn't take any pictures of. But it's a dirt area that just gives him more room...
331ziog.jpg

This is the other end with a gate but Bob won't have access to this gate...
it's beautiful and I am so happy that Bob now has more room and he will be safe. At least I hope so. Because I disagree with my friend, love accounts for a lot. And I don't think Bob could be placed anywhere where he would be more loved then here with me. He will be safe and will bask in the sun and in the love of an anonymous donor. Thank you my friend...
jjlcp1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maggie: That's just beautiful!

Cinderblocks anyone???

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

AWESOME Maggie! I know you have wanted a new fence for Bob forever!!

It is just beautiful!

Personally, I think that Bob is doing just fine. King Robert just soiled his throne a little, that is all ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You've got more friends out there than you know about Maggie. Sincere thanks to who ever did this!!! Long live the KIng!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Maggie, I'm so happy for you and Bob. Didn't I always tell you how well loved you are? Just another example. It looks beautiful too.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow that looks great!! You and Bob deserve it :)

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
the fence came out beautiful!!! I hope Bob appriciates it!!!!! and tell your friend that you are the expert that can tend to Bob's needs.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Sweet! Just shows Bob eventually gets what's coming to him! ;)

Make sure the gates have extra sturdy locks to thwart any nighttime escape attempts. :rolleyes:

M

Maggie Cummings

Well...thank you all for the warm and fuzzies. I appreciate all the comments. It's nice to see how much you all care for Bob, and it's really nice to look out and not see a line of cinder blocks. I do have some you understand, I just can't see the line from my bedroom window.
And I don't think I will have a good nap until I have my house back and Bob stops testing the gates and each and every board in that fence...:p

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Awesome job, and I agree Bob has it pretty good where he is.
Hold your head up and realize you are a great tort mom.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Looks very nice. Bob is one lucky tort!

Status
Not open for further replies.