A dream come true

T Smart

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Beautiful! My dream tortoise as well. Where did you receive her from?

bolim04

My radiated tortoise has no papers and i have not got the information i wanted. (Lost)

So i ask everyone to guess the age please

She has a carapax of 31 cm and weighs 6kg.

How old could she be. Thank you20180901_140646.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like she's had 8 or so growth spurts, so I'd guess between 8 and 10 years of age. @Markw84 ???

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Without know how this tortoise was kept it is hard to say. If kept well, indoors with stable temps, this tortoise could be perhaps in its 5th year of growth. That would be my best "GUESS"! It looks like it was kept well and grew pretty regularly with a very recent change that caused it to have a period of adjustment in the past several months. Perhaps @bolim04 you are keeping the tortoise drier now? Or it could just be a period of adjustment to a move, maybe 3-6 months ago?

bolim04

Without know how this tortoise was kept it is hard to say. If kept well, indoors with stable temps, this tortoise could be perhaps in its 5th year of growth. That would be my best "GUESS"! It looks like it was kept well and grew pretty regularly with a very recent change that caused it to have a period of adjustment in the past several months. Perhaps @bolim04 you are keeping the tortoise drier now? Or it could just be a period of adjustment to a move, maybe 3-6 months ago?
You are right. I got it from someone who had her in a humid environement. Now she is in dryer condition.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is no way to know. It could be 3 years old, or 30.