a day outside for Pio in his clean pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
The weather is warming up and Pio is going outside for a few hours. The plants aren't all up yet, but they are coming in with the good weather. He only stays out a few hours or if I see him going in his hide then I know that's it and bring him in. The stream is up and running now too.
014-11.jpg

013-14.jpg

022-9.jpg

015-10.jpg

007-25.jpg

004-25.jpg

028-7.jpg

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Beautiful Terryo.Is that Irish moss on the sides of the stream?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Pio is a little bigger this year huh Terry? It looks like he's thinking to himself "I remember this place". :D Everything looks beautiful as always with you Terry. You have a certain something for gardening. ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you. It was the wrong time of day to take pictures as the sun wasn't totally up yet, and you can see the lines of the fence on the side of my yard.
That's Irish moss and Scottish moss and some red clover. I love all that stuff because if spreads more each year and keeps coming up every Spring. A lot of things haven't come up yet. When everything is up it looks like a jungle in there. I put a lot of stuff in there because I thought he would eat some of it, but he just sits next to his food slate and waits for me to put something out for him. Sometimes he will nibble.

Matt...there is a pool liner under the cement. The cement cracked and we thought that the water wouldn't go out, but it did, and he had to repair it. He used black cement with some river rocks in the cement.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
That is one spoiled little tortoise.
It would be great if everyone could keep them like that---NICE job!

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Those are wonderful pictures! Im sure Pio loves his enclosure, he is so lucky to have you! Very Nice!!;)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh Nay...copy away. Don't worry about stealing the thread. I can't wait to see pictures of yours too. Tomorrow we start the boxie garden, so I'm looking for some idea's too. This is from another forum in case any one wants to make a soaking pond. It looks so beautiful now with her boxies in there. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it.
http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69137
No sign of Izzy yet. It still bothers me so much.:(

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
OHH , I like that too!!
Just not the cords in the last picture...
Thanks

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Oh, that's sweet! A step-by-step, how-to-build-a-pond-like-TerryO's thread! Man, I would love to have something like that in Taco's outdoor enclosure...don't know if I could convince Fred to put it in, but the sprinkler valve box is already in there as is a sprinkler head that would be perfect for hooking up some "running water"...tempting!! :p

It's such a peaceful little corner of heaven for Pio, and he sure looks like he appreciates it. :D

Broda805

5 Year Member
how much for a 2 day 3 night stay at that tort resort if i sent my lil guy in? lol :p

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
How creative! If I was a tortoise, I would love to live there.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you. It still looks like a wasteland because the plants haven't come up all the way yet. Today is in the high 70's. I'm so excited for all my boxies and Pio. They will get to go outside for some real sun.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
At the end of the stream my son put a little pail into the cement to make an impression for a pump. I stuck the pump in there and on top of it I put a fat piece of sponge. About every other day I take the spong out and clean it. That's my filter. The little pond isn't too deep because I put some river rocks in it. But as Pio is getting bigger I take some out. When he's in the middle, it almost covers all his shell. Deep enough for now. Plants have grown in now. I'll have to put an updated picture soon. This is a few weeks ago.
049-2.jpg

014-13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.