A Couple Aldabran Facts

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Yvonne, my wife & I purchased two juvenile Aldabras back in September 2011, & rescued two others locally in 2013. My wife & I are both engineers, & we measure everything, including all 4 of them (weight, length, carapace, etc.). Would it be useful to post these growth rates for the forum? Our largest weighs less than 20 pounds so far, so they have a long way to go to catch up to yours, but they're definitely growing a lot faster than any of our Sulcatas!

As far as being people-friendly, ours are absolutely the same! They love to have their heads & throats scratched, & will eat anything out of our hands, except Mazuri, which they eat from a spoon. They follow each other around unless we're out with them, in which case they follow us. Even though they're still fairly small, we're teaching them to climb up on a scale, as I can't visualize picking them up when I'm 80 years old, & they're 350 pounds!

Ken
I am not yvonne. But i will really appreciate if you post it. If there is a chance, i will be interested to see your sulcata growth rates too.

HI Tortoise Rescue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oahu, Hawaii
Okay, but we have so much data on Sulcatas that I'll have to figure out how best to list it, & it will probably be a graph, so I hope you don't mind reading them.

Ken

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I am willing to spare my times hours to see it if it is complicated enough :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It would be a good idea to start your own thread on the subject.