8ft x 4ft vivarium

Ruffinions

Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire U.K.
Hi all
I am looking at getting an 8ft x 4ft vivarium. Where can I buy one or has anyone get any plans for how to build my own
Thanks in advance
David

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Probably easier to make one. Not sure if there are any for sale that arent custom made.
You can search for raised garden beds and possibly join two together to get the right size.

Fatnhappy

Oklahoma City
Hi all
I am looking at getting an 8ft x 4ft vivarium. Where can I buy one or has anyone get any plans for how to build my own
Thanks in advance
David
I got 3 cages from Amazon and rigged them to fit together (Atuvian is the brand). It works pretty well, so far. It has a plastic lined bottom, but we added duct tape a bit up the side to keep the wood from damp rotting and to conjoin the bottoms so we could get a nice deep substrate for (s)him to dig in. We decided to use a twin bed frame as the base for even support.
Could I have made it myself for cheaper? Very likely, I don't have the tools for it, though. I'm adding plexi glass to the underside of the screens this weekend to keep in the humidity a bit better. Not sure which breed you're working with, our is a cherry head.
-Good luck!

Attachments

• 20210309_180809.jpg
    20210309_180809.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

DJ Kirk

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Hi all
Thanks in advance
David
Here is a link to mine a few years ago
I built one a little bigger but all my dimensions/instructions are there

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi and welcome, I bought enclosed vivarium and removed the back panel and added a massive extension. Lots of ideas all over this forum. Have fun. Have a look at swell reptiles for vivariums.